Friday, January 25, 2013

Vanilla Cupcakes: Gluten-Free Even!

This weekend, I wanted cupcakes. My mom wanted frosting and cupcakes. However, she eats gluten-free (allergies!). But, that is no match for a girl with a serious CC (Cupcake Craving)! So, I made gluten-free vanilla cupcakes! This specific mix brand, Wholesome Chow, features hardly any extra ingredients - milk, apple cider vinegar, and oil are the only ingredients you have to add.
Look how easy this looks!
The recipe itself is easy enough to carry through; add the wet ingredients to the mix and whisk until it becomes batter. The batter is fairly thin, making it really easy to pour!
Thin, fluffy batter!
Once poured into the cupcake pan, they bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes. The package said 18 - 23 minutes, but 18 turned out to be perfect for me. The batter makes about 12 cupcakes that don't rise very much. However, they do turn out to be a beautiful golden-brown!
Golden-Brown Gorgeousness!
For the decorating, I used Betty Crocker  butter cream frosting. No, I didn't make my own frosting. Yes, I'm okay with that. Also, for Christmas, I got this cupcake decorating kit and, trust me, that makes a lot of difference!
The Decorating Kit Saves The Day!
For my cupcakes, I used the star tip because it produces less frosting at once. I prefer a larger cupcake-to-frosting ratio. However, the frosting covered the cupcakes well with about half of the frosting package. After the frosting, I deliberated over what to sprinkle the cupcakes with, since I used green liners. Eventually, I settled on rainbow dots. I think the result was rather nice:
Frosted and Sprinkled!
The recipe was good and the result even better! My mom loved them and so did I! 

Tune in next weekend, when the poll-winning cookies are made spectacular! Which cookie do you think will win our poll as your favorite cookie??



No comments:

Post a Comment