Sunday, October 13, 2013

Southern Hospitality: Lucille's

       My goodness, it has been a long time since our last post! We haven't done much cooking or baking, but we have been to several interesting restaurants near us. I'm going to focus on the more recent, because that makes more sense to me.

Adorably satisfying Southern hospitality
       There's something about Southern food that is just amazingly comforting - like you're surrounded by family. Considering half of my family is from the South, you can see my connection. Recently, Lucille's set up shop near my school and I'm a real sucker for barbecue - especially authentic Southern barbecue.


       The drinks were served in mason jars - very Southern - and the artwork of note was jazzy. There was a New Orleans vibe, a Jazz Age atmosphere. It helped that the music was awesome jazz. All of the art was different: different media, different people, but it all focused on music.

       Instead of boring California sourdough with butter, we got biscuits. Biscuits and cinnamon butter, which was the most delicious and unhealthy thing of my life (probably not true). I had to be quick with the picture before they were all gone.

       I ordered a classic burger, with everything, and fries. The fries were perfectly crispy, but the burger was a bit underdone, though still delicious. Overall, I give 4 stars for atmosphere and 3 stars for food. That's 7 out of 10 - and a great choice!

       Stay tuned for more from the College Kitchenettes and watch for new subscription options for our upcoming newsletter - starting in 2014! Stay tuned on Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment